The second presenter at the Eau Thermale Avène Skin Health Beauty Workshop was Ms. Anne-Charlotte Jakubczak (PFDC Asia Pacific Training Manager) who gave us an introduction to Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique before Dr. Chu’s presentation and after his presentation, she introduced us to Avene’s Cleanance range for oily/blemish-prone skin.
She explained some of the ways to prevent/minimize blemishes:-
1. Regulate sebum production.
2. Eliminate accumulated cells.
3. Avoid bacterial proliferation.
4. Soothe inflammation.
Key ingredients in the Cleanance range are Glyceryl Laurate (seboregulator to limit sebum secretion with anti-bacterial properties), Zinc Gluconate (anti-inflammatory) and of course the brand’s signature ingredient, Avene Thermal Water (soothing, anti-irritant, soothe inflammation).
Products in the Cleanance range:-
1. Gel Soapless Cleanser
Deep-penetrating, soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin. With a patented triple action formula including the patented active ingredient Glyceryl Laurate. Sebum and oil production are inhibited, and the bacteria responsible for blemishes is diminished. Can be used as a shaving base for young men or a make-up remover for young girls.
2. Cleansing Water
Cleanses, mattifies and removes make-up, including eye make-up. High make-up remover power (including waterproof). No rinse formula. Similar to Avene’s Micellar Water.
3. Purifying Lotion
To purify and mattify. A biphasic care for oily and prone-to-acne skin. Astringent : pores are closed. This is essentially a toner with water and particles so it is important to shake the bottle before use.
4. Anti-shine Regulating Lotion
To moisturize and mattify skin daily with absorbent microcapsules and ensures long-lasting make-up. Ultra light, fluid and non-sticky emulsion.
5. Cleanance K Cream-Gel
Daily treatment helps eliminate clogged pores, blackheads, and blemishes to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion.
- Deep cleansing : AHAs and BHAs (alpha-hydroxy acids and beta-hydroxy acids) unclog pores and help reduce blemishes
- Formulated with 6% Glycolic Acid, 2% Lactic Acid, and 1% Salicylic Acid to exfoliate the skin
- Clears the skin with absorbing powders to ensure instant shine-control
- Controls oil secretion
- Rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften the skin
As this product contains fruit acids, they can irritate skin if applied on damp skin (the acids swell) so it is advisable to apply it on completely dry skin.
Cleansing, exfoliating and absorbing mask for oily and blemish-prone. The unique formula offers in-depth cleansing so skin can regain a clear and healthy complexion. Blemishes are reduced, skin is smoother and skin looks shine-free.
- In-depth cleansing, exfoliating and absorbing mask for oily blemish-prone skin
- Helps to reduce the localized blemishes
- Pleasant fragrance tolerated by sensitive skin
- Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften skin
This mask is left on for 3-4 minutes and provides clinical and mechanical peeling.