PHUTURE®, the Malaysia-based food technology and innovation startup, recently launched it’s High-Fibre Chick’n range that includes a variety of plant-based crispy chicken breast patties, popcorn chicken bites and breast strips.
This new product range is part of PHUTURE®’s wider selection of high-fibre plant-based offerings and is in line with the company’s mission to help consumers make more nutritious and sustainable choices without having to sacrifice food and flavours they love.
“While food is a big part of our culture, early on during our research we discovered that a lot of Malaysians suffer from nutritional deficiencies,” said Jack Yap, CEO of PHUTURE®.
“Although the plant-based food market in the country is rich in high-protein options, it is lacking in fibre, with Malaysian adults only consuming about half the required daily amount on average. As this deficiency can lead to life-threatening conditions such as heart attacks and diabetes, we needed to create a plant-based alternative that doesn’t just appeal to the Malaysian palate but directly addresses dietary deficiencies in our community,” he added.
Appealing to the local love for fried chicken, PHUTURE®’s High-Fibre Chick’n range is innovatively created using PHUTURE®‘s 4-fibre blend, that consists of a mix of soluble and insoluble fibres such as oat fibre, apple fibre & etc. to naturally replicate the texture and flavour of chicken and help Malaysians reach their daily dietary requirements.
“We are very proud of the innovation we have achieved with our High-Fibre Chick’n range. Not only does it take care of daily fibre requirements, but it’s also perfectly matched to the local preferred taste profile – in addition to being more sustainable than regular meat. We realise that we can’t expect all Malaysians to make greener choices all the time, but we hope that with this new range of products, we are able to make plant-based meats more accessible to the masses. The response so far has been very positive, with orders having sold out for 7-days straight since our soft launch. I hope this indicates a healthy appetite for plant based meat alternatives,” said Yap.
More on High-Fibre Chick’n:
- PHUTURE®’s High-Fibre Chick’n contains 13g of fibre (half the daily required amount of fibre in just one serving), helping Malaysians increase their daily fibre intake through one of their favourite foods.
- High-Fibre Chick’n also contains 35%-45% less fat and 45% less sodium as compared to 100g of regular fried chicken.
- High-Fibre Chick’n contains 11g of rice and non-GMO soy protein per serving, which are good sources of vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and iron.
- High-Fibre Chick’n halal-certified by JAKIM, and is also free of preservatives, and has no added sugar and no added MSG.
- Additionally, PHUTURE®’s High-Fibre Chick’n’s sustainable innovations follow the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 2 (ending hunger and achieving food security), and Sustainable Development Goal 3 (good health and wellbeing).
Thanks to PHUTURE, I had the opportunity to taste their High-Fibre Chick’n burger a few days ago and it was absolutely delicious.
The gift basket contained the most awesome lunch.