Out of the 4 MAC A/W 2014 Trends, I think that this is the most interesting because it truly focuses on skin rather than on eyes or lips. Of course we all want to be complimented on our skin and to look as if we are not wearing too much makeup.
So the Unprocessed trend is about a barer-faced look, it’s more about “real” makeup than “natural” makeup. This is about how a modern woman wants to look like without trying too hard. Most modern women don’t use that much makeup but they know what to apply or what not to apply specifically.
Romero’s tips for the Unprocessed trend:-
1. You want to control shine so keep a matte forehead.
2. Use Marine Bright Lightful Softening Lotion for gentle exfoliation, helps with quality of skin over time. The lotion used to be only available in Asia. Romero loves this product.
3. Mineralized Charged Water Moisture Gel leaves skin softer and more luminous, light, not heavy or greasy, ideal for warm weather.
4. Stipple on Matchmaster Foundation with 109 brush. Looks airbrushed yet imperfections can still be seen, it’s about individuality.
5. Use a concealer palette for under-eye area.
6. Dot Pearl Cream Colour Base on top of nose, then diffuse it to create a beautiful glow.
7. Apply Lightscapade Mineralize Skinfinish on nose to create a luminous effect and glowing skin.
8. Tap on Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone with 168 brush, helps dry skin.
Don’t you think the model looks like she has barely any makeup on but her skin is glowing so beautifully? Now that is definitely “real” makeup – we all want to achieve healthy looking, luminous skin every day.