This is a spur-of-the-moment giveaway as I want to end the year on a good note and what better way than to give away something nice but I want it to be a surprise this time as this year, I have accumulated some really nice products in terms of makeup and skincare. Whatever products given away here will total around 500g so you can expect more than a few items.
This year has been rough, tough and challenging for me in many aspects and I am looking forward to a brand new year. It hasn’t been a very exciting year when it comes to blogging but I am immensely grateful for your readership especially for the wonderful regular readers.
If you would like to participate in this (mystery) Giveaway (expect at least a few hundred Ringgit worth of products), please comment on these 2 questions:-
- Tell me about your experience(s) in 2016, has it been great, good or not so good?
2. What are you looking forward to in 2017?
Terms and conditions of this Giveaway:-
1. Giveaway exclusively for those who have ‘liked’ Juniper’s Journal’s Facebook page (or if you are able to follow JJ’s Instagram – link is IG icon on JJ’s main page) & with Malaysian addresses only.
2. Giveaway ends Monday 2nd January 2017.
3. Winner will be contacted via email once result is announced in this same post. Please respond within twenty four (24) hours otherwise another winner will be selected.
Updated 3rd January 2017.
The winner of this Giveaway is:-
However as this is the New Year, I am sending one more parcel to another winner, Stephanie Koh.
My 2016 year has been good. At least as what I remembered.
I hope that 2017 will be better. I would like to try on my stuff ie to leave a mark, to show that I live before moving on to a next step in life.
P/s I have liked your Facebook page a long time ago!!
Hey Juniper! HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE! 2016 has been hectic for me as it was the year my tertiary education came to an end as I graduated from college. Everything that lead up to it was chaos and filled with many bittersweet moments for me. Despite the hardship I had to go through largely during my final semester, I really miss college life especially the people I met there. Life after college has been dull so far with little to very little happy moments. Suddenly, the burden of adulthood and the responsibilities accompanying it fell on my shoulder all at once. I miss those carefree younger days. Anyway, I know I have to grow up and be a more mature woman. I have yet to secure a permanent job and hopefully in 2017 I will get a job that I will be good at and love. I also hope that I will meet my soulmate and get hitched. Life is about continuous learning and positive personal growth which I aspire to succumb to progressively. This blog has also been part of my life this year and I have you, Juniper, to thank to. I love reading blogs and yours is one of them. I may not always comment on your posts but I do read them from time to time as I am subscribed to it :D. Juniper, I wish your 2017 will be filled with success and joy! Here is to another year of being alive ! Take care!
2016 has been a great year for me as i transit from being preggie to my end journey for motherhood in Dec. It has been an eventful year with mixed mode feelings of excitement, happiness and anticipation.
I had quite a smooth sailing year with not much symptoms of vomiting and naseuous but giving way to my craving for rojak buah and chee cheong fun really helps. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the beginning of the year, but with the gynae advice and medication, miracle do happen. I found myself pregnant with my peanut in Apr. From then on, it has bedn a full swing project getting the house ready and going to every single baby fair to get stuff since this is my first born.I was thankful that my bouts of vomiting were not a painful experience for me as it only lasted 2 months. I have heard stories where there are cases that pregnant mothers were on drips for bad case of dehydration.
My best month of the year is certainly in Dec…..where my son decided to make his apoerance early by 1 month! I was suppose to be only due in early Jan. I was admitted to hospital for vomiting and headache early of the month. Seeing that I was pregnant, they did an ultrasound and found that my amniotic fluid has decreased tremendously to 1%. With fear in my heart, the doctor scheduled me for an emergency c-sec to take him out the very next day. It was the worst night in my life, fearing that my son will not survived. Insomnia became my friend that night. Every little kicks anf fluttering was counted consistently to be sure he is thriving well in the womb. Even though he is a preemie, when you first hear your child first cries, that is the most heavenly sound. Luckily he do not need the incubator and he is healthy.
To sum it all, 2016 was the most adventurous year for me. It has been a great year with the new addition in the family to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Even though I have been suffering from sleepless night with night feeding and his crankiness, nothing beats the smile your child gives after a satisfied feed.
What I hope for 2017….. is for my prince charming to grow up well and healthy for years to come. My little foghorn has been very loud, waking up everyone at home. But at least I know he is thriving well for a preemie with lots of love and my wish to continue this journey with my little foghorn in this motherhood journey together.
The year 2016 has been a mixture of good, great and not so good. Let me start with the not so good times. I graduated November last year, but I had to postpone my plan to find a permanent job to take care of my father who needs to go in and out of the hospital very often for quite some time. I rely on my freelance job as a translator to cover my daily expenses. Very often, I was questioned by many friends and even relatives why am I still unemployed months after graduation. Some said I’m lucky to have my mother to feed me so that I can “shake legs” at home. Some said my translator jobs are easy money, why I never introduce such job to them. And some said I’m just simply lazy. Usually I don’t respond to them, as people who said these things are never my true friend. My true friends know what I’m going through and they are very supportive and helpful to me. My family is so complicated that I don’t even know where to start the explanation. It’s my problem anyway, it’s not like if I tell you, you’ll help me solve the problem isn’t it?
After more than a year, my father has recover his health and able to take care of himself. Finally, I can move on and do what I should be doing now. I can now start to look for a job. However, the economy is so bad now that many companies have slowed down in hiring new employees. As predicted, my application got rejected. Then I got to know that there’s a vacancy in a company based in Bangkok from my university professor, he helped forwarded my resume to the company. I was extremely happy when the managing director wrote to me asking when I’ll be available for an interview as he plans to visit Malaysia. I replied to him immediately and was extremely thrilled because this means there’s chance to secure this job! It’s always been my dream to work in Bangkok! I then got a reply from him saying “noted and will revert”. After more than a month, I still haven’t heard from him. I did write to him asking for updates, twice my emails were unsuccessfully delivered due to his company email server gone haywire, and twice were delivered successfully but no response. I’m now almost given up on it but my best friend told me to hold on for awhile more, as now it’s the holiday season the MD might be away for vacation. I’ll try to get in contact with him again after the holiday season is over, and look for other alternatives too at the same time. Timing has always been shitty to me especially the recent two years, I’ve rejected so many good opportunities due to all the ordeals that I had to go through. Oh well, I don’t blame anyone, these are all fated. All these have made me a better, tougher, more mature and positive me. I believe everything happens for a reason.
As for the great part, I flew to France and spent two months there! It stiil feels like a dream, and sometimes I thought it was unreal. I’m not going to write another lengthy story about that again as I’ve written the whole experience in another post here in JunipersJournal before. Geez, Junipersjournal is becoming more like my own journal.Hahahahaha! Long story cut short, the whole trip wasn’t just great, it’s AWESOME! Actually I wanted to get some French product to let JJ to try on, but I didn’t coz budget restricted. I promise, next time, ok?
And the good part is, my bestest friend has finally got married! No fancy reception, just ROM, as their families are complicated like mine too, haha! Yet, it’s still a happy occasion and I’m happy that finally and officially she has someone to be her protector, to love and care for her forever! I hope I’ll find one for myself too, if there’s any, hahahahahaha….
For the coming brand new year of 2017, I hope I’ll finally hear from the MD of the Bangkok company, be it good or bad news, just don’t keep me in the dark, so that I could just move on. I look forward to a better year, hoping my luck and timing will improve so that everything will go smoother than before and I can finally secure a job that I like. I’m a person who doesn’t plan everything or have any expectations, I always go with the flow and do my very best. I don’t hope for anything more, I just want everyone including myself to always be happy, contented and healthy always!
1. There are mixes of great and not so good moments for me in the past 2016. Let’s start with the great parts! 2016 had brought me to many many beautiful countries for which I couldn’t be more grateful of! From the South East Asia to Ocenia and Europe. Travelled as a tourist, seen magnificent buildings, impressive architectures and the beauty of Mother Nature! All these truly amazed me. Although sometimes we might be tiring during trips but the journey make it worthwhile. Big thank you to my travel mates for the great companionship! Come to the not so good part will be an health issue of my elderly. I’m shocked to get to know this at the very end of the year. So don’t really feel like describing the sad part.
2. For Y 2017, I don’t have ambitious wishes. All I hope is my elderly will get better and best if the sickness is cured! Hoping that everyone I know will be staying in good health. That’s the most important things which we must priorities. Apart from that, I’m looking forward to a more confident me with self-improvement especially in my new job scope.
Let’s we all hope that Y2017 will be getting better for all of us! Happy New Year.
2016 has been a roller coaster ride for me, the 1st half started out with more downs than ups.
I wasnt really happy with my job and the way I looked, and one day while on FB, I chanced upon your page and entered the Estee Lauder sales contest. Upon winning those tickets, I managed to purchase some makeup and realised how important it is for ladies to look good.
Then, when my confidence grew, I got a new job and felt even happier!
So as for 2017, I only hope for better things to come. 2016 ended with much sadness with the passing of a few.
Happy New Year Juniper!
1. My 2016 is a simple year. I’m getting used to my working life and everything seems to be “on track” this year. It seems like I settled down into a routine of work, rest and sleep. 2016 is unprecedentedly simple but I’m happy for the simple life. I’m really grateful that all of my loved ones are healthy, safe and happy in the past 365 days. There’s nothing more I could ask for.
2. When I was younger, I wish my life can be more eventful, more happening and more adventurous. I was really ambitious that I had so many dreams that I wanted to achieve. However, I find that my wish and new year resolution is becoming simpler and simpler as I age. Sometime I wonder, is a simple life the best thing ever on Earth? If not, then why 90% of the people on Earth settles into a simple life? Wealth and health are highly sought after by people in their new year resolution but to me, I wish that all of my loved ones stay healthy, safe and happy and that’s it.
Thank you Junipers for the special gift. Really appreciate the thought.
Hope you have a wonderful and blissful yead ahead in 2017!