Yesterday when the courier handed me the envelope, it smelled good, like there was fragrance inside. I am expecting some fragrances to arrive but the contents didn’t feel like they were fragrance boxes. When I opened the envelope, the fragrance was even stronger. It’s Earth Month and Bag Of Love honours it by going green.
This month’s Bag Of Love is made of bleach-free canvas and the little tag inside is of recycled non-woven material. Though not as glam-chic as last month’s bag, this month’s bag does feel heavy-duty and being less bulky than last month’s bag, this one is more practical to bring around in my handbag.
From what I read on facebooks and blogs, the beauty box/bag phenomenon is still going strong. I guess it’s the constant element of surprise that draws customers. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, it’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get inside (unless of course you have seen the contents in a blog or someone else’s facebook).
Bag Of Love’s little beauty bag does have some scented products. In terms of sample size, Bag Of Love doesn’t disappoint as the smallest sized sample is 6.5g. I do so dislike receiving samples less than 5g, especially if they are samples I’ve had to pay for.
Okay let’s cut to the chase as I am sure that if you have clicked on this post, you are curious to find out what the contents of the little beauty bag are. There are some new brands here which so far I have not seen in other beauty boxes.
- 15ml Decleor Hydra Floral Moisturising Cream (RM271/50ml)
- 60ml The Body Shop Quiet Night Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist (RM59/100ml)
- 50ml Phytojoba Hydrating Shampoo (RM88/200ml)
- 6.5g Burt’s Bees Richly Replenishing Cocoa & Cupuaçu Butters Body Lotion (RM62.80/170ml)
- Definite Contour Brush, Full-Size RM88
- 15ml Nuxe Brightening BB Cream SPF30/PA+++ (RM120/30ml)
- Decleor voucher for Signature Aromaplasty Facial @ RM98
I’m sure I don’t have to do the maths here and you can see at a glance that this bag is worth a lot more than RM39.90. I am most interested in trying out the Phytojoba Hydrating Shampoo & Nuxe Brightening BB Cream. I have never tried anything from Phyto and I didn’t even know Nuxe had a BB Cream until I saw this sample.
Would you like to win one of these bags? Bag Of Love has so kindly sponsored 3 bags for Juniper’s Journal readers. If you would like to participate, please leave your comments to the 2 questions below by 30th April 2013. It’s open to those with Malaysian addresses only.
1. What do you think of beauty boxes offered in Malaysia e.g. have you subscribed to any, what do you think of the contents from what you have seen, what would you like to see more from beauty boxes, do you think they are worth the subscription fee, etc.
2. Please complete this sentence : “I would like to win a Bag Of Love because…………”.
As usual, winners will be sent email notifications. Please respond with your addresses within 48 hours otherwise I reserve the right to pick another winner(s) so do check Juniper’s Journal Facebook/twitter for updated post in which winners will be announced.
Hopefully there will be a good response to this Giveaway as that would motivate me into having more frequent Giveaways and it makes me feel that I am on the right track. Good products are meant to be shared with readers and I do have quite a lot in my stash. To everyone who participates in this Giveway, I am most obliged for your support.
Updated 1st May 2013 – Winners of this Giveaway are:-
1. Liew Sin Yee
Please check your emails as I’ll be needing your addresses.