There are plenty of whitening masks out there, from drugstore to counter brands. Which one to choose? It’s mind-boggling how many brands offer whitening masks. I was given a sample of Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective White Hydrating & Clarifying Treatment Masque to try, not that one sheet is going to bring long-term results but let’s see what one try brings about.
Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective White Hydrating & Clarifying Treatment Masque was developed and tested for Asian skin. It fits quite snugly on my face and doesn’t shift about. I can feel this mask is loaded with serum as it didn’t go dry even after 20 minutes. There are eye flaps should you choose to have a cat nap but I didn’t use the eye flaps as I was doing other stuff while the mask was on, it’s called multi-tasking y’know? I love the lavender scent of this masque, it’s like an aromatherapy masque.
These are the key ingredients in the masque:-
1. Activated C – a vitamin C-derivative known to inhibit the activity of the Melanin-producing enzyme tyrosinase and to prevent the appearance of new dark spots. It is 100% active on the skin immediately allowing for faster penetration (in vitro data).
In Kiehl’s formula: Activated C reduces the color intensity of existing dark spots, helps diminish the appearance of existing discolorations, prevents the appearance of new spots, and helps promote overall skin clarity.
2. Sodium Hyaluronate – an acid naturally present in the human body. It binds with the skin to help boost and maintain the skin’s optimal moisture balance.
In Kiehl’s formula: Sodium Hyaluronate enhances hydration and plumps, softens, and smoothes the skin.
3. White Birch – a sugar derived ingredient known for its ability to restore hydration and nutrients to the dermis and epidermis layers of skin. Together with Activated C this potent active supports and facilitates the appearance of discoloration correction.
In Kiehl’s formula: White Birch helps visibly diminish dark spots and discolorations and increase hydration to contribute to clarity and luminosity. It also helps smooth and plump the skin surface to better reflect light.
4. Peony Extract – a natural antioxidant used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, helps protect against free-radical oxidative damage in vitro data .
In Kiehl’s formula: Together with Activated C, Peony Extract helps to reverse skin discoloration on the skin while enhancing overall skin clarity.
5. Glycerin – a humectant that helps skin retain moisture. It attracts and pulls moisture from the air into the skin and continuously moisturizes skin.
In Kiehl’s formula: Glycerin replenishes and hydrates the skin.
It felt very hydrating during the 20 minutes I had the mask on and after it’d been removed, there was a visible/obvious radiance/glow/luminosity which lasted till even the next day. I( could feel my skin was so hydrated hours after the mask had been removed and this was without applying any moisturizer afterwards because I wanted to feel the effects of the masque.
Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective White Hydrating & Clarifying Treatment Masque comes in a box of 5 sheets at RM175.