Another year is soon coming to an end and so I’d like to give away some good stuff. I should have had this Giveaway sooner but circumstances have delayed it. I hope everyone has had a good 2017 and remain in good health and in a fantastic state of mind. Personally, it’s been a terribly bad year for me as I’ve seen one of my beloved dogs deteriorate and it culminated in her demise on the morning of 6th December. She was 18 years old and we went through so many good and bad times together. She was the most beautiful and well behaved dog. It was truly agonising watching her go slowly and painfully and it’s been very hard picking up the pieces after she left. It broke my heart into a million pieces and I couldn’t even bring myself to post a photo of her on social media like some people do when their pets pass away. It’s as if a part of me has died too, any pet owner who has seen their pets go in front of them will know exactly how I feel. No matter what, she is in a much better place now, one that is free of pain and sorrow so I am relieved.
I’m giving away a mystery parcel to one (1) reader and if you would like to participate, please answer the following questions:-
- How has your 2017 been in general?
2. Have you had any memorable beauty finds/experiences this year? If so, please share.
Terms and conditions of this Giveaway:-
1. Giveaway exclusively for those who have ‘liked’ Juniper’s Journal’s Facebook page (or if you are able to follow JJ’s Instagram @junipersjournal) & with Malaysian addresses only.
2. Giveaway ends Tuesday 19th December 2017.
3. Winner will be contacted via email once result is announced in this same post. Please respond within twenty four (24) hours otherwise another winner will be selected.
Winner of this Giveaway is:-
2017 has been quite at the down side for me. My career is not moving as planned and I was recently transferred to another branch which is further to travel to and more costly for me to work at. On top of that there are a lot of things that I have to get used to in a new working environment. And then my grandfather pass away all of a sudden and that kind of shake my life a little as I have not experienced any of my family members or friends pass away before. I couldn’t help to think about my grandpa Everytime I saw his seat us empty or at night when u came out of my room there is no one sitting there watching TV. I hope 2018 will be better for me.
My skin condition is quite unstable for the past 10 months or so until recently when a friend introduced me to use Clarins products and this really helps to get my skin condition stabilize although it is on the pricey side but it does the work
Nothing good has happened to me this year. So I hope I could win this parcel to sort of end 2017 with something good that I could remembered with.
1. Year 2017 had almost wrapped up, there’s of course up and down throughout this busy year. I will just omit the down one and letting you the good things which happens in this year.
Been engaged in a relationship with a friend of mine months ago, still in learning stage. Hopefully things goes well along the way.
I’m consider myself lucky enough to be able to have few getaways in this year. Exploring our own country and overseas had been fun, especially indulging in the food hunt.
2. Beauty finds are for hair care and skincare. Hair care is I found some really good stuff in treating my frizzy and unruly hair. Joico K-pak shampoo and treatment do helps in managing my pathetic hair. Skincare will be the overnight mask from L’occitane. Reine blanche sleeping mask despite it’s claim in whitening function, it helps in moisturizing the skin, making it feel supple and soft the second day I wake up.
Let’s looking forward to a better year with less downs and more up and cheerful things to happen in the brand new year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018!
Hello! it’s me again! I’ve finally resurfaced! haha!
How’s my 2017 in general? I’m pretty sure you are quite updated about it. Nevertheless, let me summarized my 2017. It’s been treating me quite well, and I’m feeling very thankful for it. I made a life changing decision, that is to move to Bangkok to live and work. My mom wasn’t happy with my decision and she actually tried very hard to make me change my decision. However, my other family members and friends were very supportive of me taking on this once in a lifetime opportunity. Especially my best friend, she told me I must go if I want to make a change in my life, have my own “me time”, and start building my own career. So, here I am, writing this comment from Bangkok. I’ve never felt happier in my life, despite being alone here. That’s alright, I can make new friends here, and with internet and all the tech gadgets, I can stay connected with my family and friends 24/7. I hope 2018 will be an even better year. I hope to learn more things at work, to take up Thai and French language course, and maybe to tick a few boxes on my bucket list. Fingers-crossed.
Memorable beauty finds? Hmm…no particular products in mind, but I’m now officially an eyebrow pencils hoarder. I bought two new brow pencils at one time, Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil and Shu Uemura Brow:Sword. Both are good, with the latter slightly more affordable. Ah yes! There was 50% off promo going on for Bourjois products at Eve and Boy, a Sephora-equivalent local beauty store in Thailand. So I grabbed 3 products: Healthy Mix Concealer, Healthy Balance Unifying Powder, and Twist Up the Volume Mascara Ultra Black. Don’t like the mascara, smudges a little bit and doesn’t make much difference to my lashes. The concealer and the compact powder were a good buy considering they’re half the original price. I think they are decent products, worth a try, particularly the concealer.
I’m sad to hear about your lost. She might not be around anymore, but the love and memories will forever stay in your heart. Cheer up ok? I hope the coming year will be a better year for you. On a side note, I might be in KL soon, hope to get to meet you in person. Will contact you! <3
I’m so sorry to hear that, take care Juniper, she is in a happier and better place now.
1. 2017 moves too fast and I can’t believe that it’s coming to its end soon! 2017 is a very ordinary and plain year for me, everyday seems to be mundane and today is just a replicate of yesterday. I’m not complaining of course, I’m actually grateful for having this ordinary life. Thinking from a different perspective, it actually reflects that all aspects in my life have come to a stable stage where everything is on its right track. There are a few changes in my life, but they are too insignificant to be mentioned. Mentality wise, I learnt to stop spending time on unworthy people. I finally understand that I’m not obliged to address to everyone’s curiosity on my personal life. Whether I’m rich or poor, whether I’m happy or sad, I’m the only person who is going to live this life. In a nut shell, 2017 is a fairly happy year for me.
2. 2017 is a year where I start to wear eye shadows to work on a daily basis. I had so much fun on exploring different brands and I can say that I’m getting better in eye make up now. I also bought some make up brushes this year and I’m very impressed with Beauty Blender Detailers brush set. The bristles are seriously one of a kind, soft and fluffy and at the same time, precise enough for well defined eye make up. Another unforgettable beauty experience is The Body Shop Shea Butter body care series. I love the shower cream, hand cream, body butter and body whip so much that I repurchase immediately after finishing my first set, they are really rich and moisturizing to my dry skin.
Wishing Juniper and all the readers here an awesome 2018 ahead!
Sorry to hear about your poor doggie, Juniper. It certainly feels as though you have lost a loved one.
How’s my 2017? Well, it has been a new learning curve for me so far. I am a first-time mother and everyday has been a new adventure for me. I pick up many skills as a new mother from various people; from nappy changing to bathing a newborn to learning to cook new pureed food for my darling boy. He has a glorious appetite for new food and gaining pretty good weight really make my heart tender knowing he was a preemie when he was born. He has certainly pick up in terms of size and weight for a 1 year old. As more experienced mothers always says, when you are stress, just look at your children pictures and videos. I will always feel light hearted whenever I reach home to his special cheeky smile for his mummy.
As for new beauty find, my friends introduced me to a new brand; Bath and Body works line. They bought me a bath set to try and I felt in love with the texture and smell. It has a nice long-lasting smell which it’s quite refreshing throughout the day. I will be sure to try to search for this line again.
Merry Christmas to everyone and have a happy 2018!