What I really enjoy as part of blogging perks is getting one-to-one consultations with beauty brand makeup artists as that gives me a better understanding of the products. Thanks to Burberry Beauty, I was invited to their KLCC promo area yesterday to try out their latest products from the Autumn Winter 2012 Collection with Burberry Beauty’s trainer, Adrian Sin.
Burberry Beauty emphasises on the natural make-up look so a lot of colours are earth-toned and muted. It’s more about enhancing natural skin tone than adding any unnecessary layers to skin. There are plenty of warm colours mostly inspired by Burberry’s seasonal fashion.
For Autumn Winter 2012, Burberry Beauty introduces an effortless elegant look referencing the mood of Burberry Prorsum’s Autumn Winter 2012 runway collection (see image of model above). The look is:-
- effortless smoky eyes with rich velvety brown shades
- flawless matte skin with a soft focus velvet finish and gently contoured cheeks
- natural dusky pink lips
The new shades are inspired by English countryside hues. Burberry Beauty Autumn Winter 2012 Collection is about soft lines around eyes which means natural shades of brown as eyeliner and eyeshadow. Blush and lip shades are kept looking as natural to skin tone as possible.
Left – Velvet Foundation/Right – Sheer Foundation
Velvet Foundation 201
The first new product used during the makeover is Velvet Foundation, Burberry Beauty’s latest foundation which has the following features:-
- long-lasting foundation with a matte, velvety finish
- high performing pigments for effortless coverage
- lightweigr, breathable texture and lasting hydration
- gelled oil components and innovative silicone elastomer for supple, soft finish
- water-resistant formula with Wild Rose extract for moisturising and regenerating
The packaging is slightly different from the Sheer Foundation even though they look the same at first glance. Look closer and you’ll see that the Velvet Foundation bottle has a frosted finish whereas the Sheer Foundation bottle is clearer. Velvet Foundation is suitable for oily skins due to the oil-free formula which prevents oxidation and shine. Coverage is medium to full. There are 8 shades (201-208).
Adrian used the lightest shade (201) on me together with some Fresh Glow and this was followed by #01 Porcelain Sheer Powder (there are just 2 shades of Sheer Powder, the other shade is #02 Porcelain. Both the Velvet Foundation & Sheer Powder were so lightweight that I didn’t feel as if I had a layer of anything on my face.
Blushers & bronzers
Adrian applied 06 Tangerine blush before starting on my eyes. The rationale for applying blush before eyeshadow is so that one can see how dark the eye look should be based on the cheek colour. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong process of applying makeup, it all depends on how the individual feels.
Midnight brown eyeliner was used as a base and a squirrel hair brush was used to blend the eyeliner. The same eyeliner was used on the lower lid covering just 1/3 of the lid from inner to outer corner. Burberry Beauty brushes are so soft and fluffy that I wish I could’v brought them all home.
L to R – Porcelain White, Mulberry, Dark Sable
Here are the 3 new eyeshadows in the Autumn Winter 2012 Collection. Porcelain White and Mulberry contain some shimmer while Dark Sable is a matte. Porcelain White was used all over my lids as a base followed by a dab of Dark Sable on top of the dark brown eyeliner. A pony & goat hair blending brush was used to blend.
The blending brush
Mulberry eyeshadow was applied on top of Dark Sable, this adds some dimension and depth. Dark Sable eyeshadow can also double up as colour for the brows, start from the middle of brows to outer as this part should be the darkest part of brow. Any excess shadow can be swept to the inner part of the brow. This makes for a soft looking brow.
Effortless mascara was used next, this contains glycogen to give protein and accelerate growth of lashes. Use a sponge to dab Fresh Glow and Foundation under the eyes. Concealer is dabbed on lips so that lip colour is more long-lasting and colour pops out more.
Effortless Mascara applied
There are 2 new Lip Cover shades in the Collection:-
Mocha Glow No. 31 & Sepia Pink No. 32
Mocha Glow wouldn’t be for everybody as it is really brown but Sepia Pink is a delightful shade and that is what I have on my lips. That is my kind of shade as it has hints of rose.
And we’re done!
With Adrian Sin after makeover
These are the prices of the products from Burberry Beauty’s Autumn Winter 2012 Collection:-
Velvet Foundation 3-ml – RM175
Lip Cover 3.8g – RM96
Sheer Eye Shadow 2.5g – RM105
Check out this latest collection at their promo area located at Ampang Skylight (GF) and get yourself a complimentary makeover from a Burberry Beauty Professional Makeup Artist from now till 1st November.
And now for the Giveaway! Burberry Beauty is giving 5 readers a 5 day (actually, I think it will last anyone at least 1 week) sample pack of Velvet Foundation No. 205 AND a complimentary makeover at the Burberry Counter Isetan KLCC (expires 30th Nov 2012).
All you have to do is finish this sentence in your own words:-
“I would like a Burberry makeover because…………”.
Terms and conditions of the Giveaway are:-
- Please leave your comment by Wednesday 31st October 2012.
- Sample foundation packs will be sent to winners but not the complimentary makeover voucher. Winners will be contacted for their full names and contact numbers which will then be sent to Burberry Beauty Malaysia. I will then contact winners again to let them know that they can call the counter directly (03-2026 1022) to make appointments at their convenience.
- Giveaway open to Malaysian residents only due to nature of the prize.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and all decisions are final.
- No substitutions will be made for any prize except at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Giveaway will end officially on the date stated here. Any entries received after the date will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced in the original Giveaway post which will be updated. Announcement will also be made via Juniper’s Twitter and Facebook. Winner or winners will be notified via email. Any winner or winners who fail to respond to the email notification within 48 hours will be disqualified and forfeit their right to the prize and an alternate winner or winners will be selected.
Updated 1st November 2012 – This is easy, everyone who participated will get the foundation sample packs & complimentary makeover. I like it when I don’t have to pick winners, makes my life easy!