The pasta dishes Chef Collin demonstrated during the San Remo Showcase are from the very new and exclusive San Remo Cookbook which is in Malay and English. Every Malaysian has his or her favourite pasta dish ranging from spaghetti Bolognese, spaghetti aglio oglio to fettucine carbonara. The versatility of pasta has no limits.
You can take a spaghetti Bolognese recipe, add a few local herbs and spices such as kafir lime leaves, lemongrass and curry powder for some local flavours or throw in some curry leaves and bird’s eye chillies into aglio oglio and that will taste like a culinary creation of high standards. Cooked pastas can be used to replace any noodle in local noodle dishes such as curry laksa, mee goreng, fish head noodle and so on.
With this in mind, San Remo has come up with a brand new cookbook (not available anywhere yet so don’t go looking for it) which I am offering five (5) copies of in this Giveaway. Those who love to experiment with new dishes will love this cookbook as the recipes are so easy to follow and everything looks delicious. Among the recipes are Dried Soy Spicy Fried Fettucine with Chives and Sausage, Rainbow Vegetarian Angel Hair, Stuffed Omelette Angel Hair, Spicy Chilli Prawns Spaghetti and many more!
Just comment on these questions:-
1. Have you ever heard of and/or used any San Remo products and if you have, what San Remo products have you used before?
2. What’s your favourite pasta? (Mine is tagliatelle or fettucine carbonara because I love creamy sauces and those crispy bacon slices inside)
Terms and conditions of this Giveaway:-
1. Giveaway exclusively for those who have ‘liked’ Juniper’s Journal’s Facebook page & with Malaysian addresses only.
2. Giveaway ends Sunday 17th May 2015. .
3. Winners will be contacted via email once result is announced in this same post. Please respond within twenty four (24) hours otherwise another winner will be selected.
Updated 18th May 2015
Now this is easy, am sending all who entered the San Remo Cookbook.
Yes,of course I’ve heard of San Remo.We will always buy the spaghetti and spirals.Spaghetti is my favorite! However I’ve tried the angel hair before but didn’t like them.Pasta is one the staple food I will cook everytime I go back home for the holidays.I would love to have this cookbook!! I LOVE PASTA and enjoy cooking them.Pasta is one the food that is easy to cook yet delicious! I will always use half of Kimball’s pasta sauce and half tomato paste.I will also add raw tomatoes for the sweet & sour taste.Then,you just need to throw in some meatballs and voila! A super tasty sauce for your preferred pasta.Don’t forget to season them with salt & pepper.
Of course I’ve heard of San Remo. It’s a famous brand since when I was a kid. My favorite product would be the tricolor fusilli/spiral.
I love tomato based pastas, can never get bored of it! Marinara and bolognese are my faves!
Yes of course I’ve heard of it. I like their spaghetti, the texture is just the way I like it.
My favourite pasta flavour is aglio olio. It’s simple yet flavourful.
My whole family have always bought San Remo brand spaghetti. We love the texture and shape of the spaghetti noodle. I have tried angel hair, but the texture is not to my taste. I have always like creamy cabonara and meat bolognaise pastas. I also love Mac and Cheese with macaroni pasta. Looking forward to more different types of pasta recipes such as olio padta recipe. Simple and tasty!
I have heard of San Remo products and my mum have tried a few pasta from spaghetti, fettuccine and macaroni.
2. I love spaghetti but too bad always not good in cooking white sauce so always just use the ready made sauce. Normally, use fettucine to cook the chinese way because I don’t like those yellow mee. So, curry fettuccine and fried fettuccine!
Thanks Juniper for the cookbook.
No problem. Thanks for commenting, really appreciate it.