JASPAL showcased their fantastic feminine wear with its Spring/Summer 2014 collection at MidValley Megamall last night, featuring shapely silhouettes, metallic accents and detailed finishes to update every fashionista’s wardrobe!
Inspired by the classic beauties of Hollywood’s golden era, seasonal favourites like pastels, neutrals, floral prints and nautical themes make a comeback, updated with bold red-white-black mono blocks, neon and even scuba fabric textures for an edgy look that’s completely fresh.
Look out for these super-stylish combinations that bring an unexpected edge – chiffon embellished with snakeskin print and scuba fabric pencil skirts – or create your own signature style with easy-to-wear separates.
Assembling the perfect outfit has never been easier – inject some classic Hollywood glamour with fitted flared dresses and peplum hem miniskirts for maximum weekday femininity, or go bold with geometric prints, bold florals and exotic designs for a great night out. For casual style, menswear-inspired silhouettes, pretty sweatshirts, boxy jackets, and the ever-classic denim deluxe collection of shorts and mini-skirts ramp up the style factor for weekend get-togethers.
JASPAL merges the classic style of Hollywood glamour with today’s modern fashion sense, showcasing key looks and trends for every fashionista. From fitted dresses to versatile separates, The Art of Fashion reminds women everywhere that fashion is an art form, an expression of one’s own emotions and individuality.
The JASPAL Spring/Summer 2014 collection highlights two important themes:
- Silhouette and Cutting: From fit-and-flared dresses and peplum hem miniskirts to full skirts and high-waisted bottoms, these are reminiscent of Hollywood’s Age of Glamour circa 1950-1960
Finishing and Details: Magnificent Applique and Enamour Jewelled Décor bring a new level of sophistication to a variety of items
Major colour themes include:
- Pastel Romance: The sweet appeal of pastels speaks of soft femininity and gentle romance, reminiscent of spring’s fresh blooms
- Exotic Neutrals: Their ability to bridge and merge different colours and prints make beige, ivory, taupe, and grey essential elements in every wardrobe
- Red Beat Mono: The classic black and white colour block gets updated with bold red for maximum effect
- Blue Riot: From navy and indigo to midnight blue, this ever-stylish colour is easily updated with metallic details and bright colours
- Metallic Paradise: Accessories in gold, silver and bronze transform an outfit in an instant from luxurious glamour to street sophistication
- Naughty Nautical: Red, white and blue never go out of style, and can be remixed in any combination
- Neon Light, Neon Bright: Add a dash of pop with electric blue or shocking pink for an instant pick-me-up
Prints and patterns get a make-over too, appearing in both classic and unusual ways:
- The Beauty of Botanical: A classic springtime print, florals are put to use in a variety of different ways, from dresses to boxy jackets
- Geographic Splendour: Circles, squares and triangles create a look that’s smart, bold and flattering for a variety of styles and body shapes
- Sheer and Lace Theory: Sheer fabric and lace are merged to create delicate and elegant mixed panel blouses
- Textured Tailored: Textured fabric add volume, elegance and sophistication to full skirts and flared dresses
- Dive of Style: Scuba fabric textures are used to create smooth, fitted silhouettes, from pencil skirts to sweatshirts
Like a well-constructed piece of artwork, classic and modern pieces are combined to create a vibrant, edgy appeal that perfectly captures the style and sensibility of today’s woman. Try these key looks:
- Sheer Glamour, as seen in the sheer mixed panel blouse
- Exotic Print Essential such as snake skin printed chiffon
- Boys Will Be Girls includes masculine- and menswear-inspired silhouette such as boy-cut items, boyfriend’s jean, and box-cut, loose-fitting blazers
- Floral Excelsior, spring’s most classic theme
- Statement Party Looks include attention-grabbing party dresses
- Sportive Illusion for sport-inspired wear such as bomber jackets and scuba fabric
- Sweat Galore Essential includes short-sleeved and 3/4 sleeved sweatshirts
- The Perfect Dress, as exemplified by the ‘50s and ‘60s from the ever-popular fit-and- flare dresses to the all-time must-have shift dresses
- Skater makes sportswear luxurious
- All Over revives the fun appeal of the one-piece jumpsuit and overall
- Deluxe Denims are the ultimate go-to outfit, from bold prints to colourful shorts and perfect-fit mini skirts