Clinique has scored many firsts in the skincare industry since it was launched in 1968. The brand was specifically created for skin that is sensitive and intolerant of fragrance. This first dermatologist developed brand filled a void at a time when all skincare products were fragrance based. The brand provided an alternative to the norm.
Among Clinique’s other firsts:-
- 1st skincare brand to feature products instead of a model’s face in its advertisements
- 1st to advocate the importance of sun protection in 1968 when sun bathing was in vogue
- 1st to introduce soap to cleanse the skin, an alternative to traditional cold creams
- 1st to offer exfoliation products available over the counter when it was only dispensed at a dermatologist’s office in the 60s
- 1st to acknowledge the changing trends of consumer shopping habits via its Service As You Like It concept
With the launch of its E-Commerce business today, Clinique heralds another 1st in the prestige skincare arena. The new site offers editorial contents, videos and skincare advice to men and women looking for trusted skincare and grooming recommendations.
As a brand that advocates skincare customization, the embarkation into the e-commerce business is in line with consumer demands and allows Clinique to practice greater ability to extend the brand’s belief that Great Skin Can Be Created to those not close to a Clinique counter.