For once, we Malaysians can get our hands on Urban Decay’s The Vice Palette sooner than our neighbours down south. Yep, usually popular items like this are made available in Singapore first and we have to wait a few days and sometimes a few weeks before it’s our turn. There are only 250 units available during the pre-launch at Sephora Starhill at 7pm today so we can anticipate that the turn-out will be just as good as for their Naked 2 Palette a few months ago.
What’s good about The Vice Palette? For starters, all the shades in this palette were created exclusively for the palette. Good news for people who already have some of Urban Decay’s palettes as there’s no chance of repetition. There’s a wide range of textures from mattes, shimmers, satins. There’s something for everyone here – from brights to neutrals.
1st row L to R – Desperation, Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Penny Lane
2nd row L to R – Junkie, Chaos, Occupy, Unhinged, Black Market
3rd row L to R – Provocateur, Rapture, Vice, Noise, Armor
4th row L to R – Nevermind, Echo Beach, Anonymous, Free Bird, Laced
It comes housed in a sleek purple soft-touch case topped with a sparkling jeweled raised UD icon. The case boasts a large mirror and a double-ended Good Karma shadow and Crease Brush. Urban Decay borrowed motion-control technology from the automotive industry. With the push of a button, the lid opens slowly (and dramatically!) to unveil the 20 shades.
(1) Desperation – taupe brown with satin finish
(2) Muse – deep sepia brown with multidimensional sparkle finish
(3) Jagged – metallic black gold with shimmer finish
(4) Blitz – metallic yellow gold with shimmer finish
(5) Penny Lane – metallic peachy bronze with golden duotone shimmer finish
(6) Junkie – dark green/blue pearl with golden shimmer
(7) Chaos – bright blue matte
(8) Occupy – metallic steel grey with mutidimensional sparkle and shimmer finish
(9) Unhinged – metallic electric turquoise with shimmer finish
(10) Black Market – jet black satin
(11) Provocateur – light metallic mauve with multidimensional sparkle and shimmer finish
(12) Rapture – dark greyish purple with multidimensional shimmer finish
(13) Vice – deep eggplant purple with shimmer finish
(14) Noise – electric punch pink with gold glitter shimmer finish
(15) Armor – metallic dove grey with silver micro-glitter shimmer finish
(16) Nevermind– metallic cork with shimmer finish
(17) Echo Beach – pale wheat with shimmer finish
(18) Anonymous – opaque almond with matte finish
(19)Free Bird – pink champagne with silver micro-sparkle shimmer finish
(20) Laced – opaque pinky taupe with matte finish
It was hardest to swatch the bottom most tier as the colours took a bit of effort to show up. My favourite shade has to be Junkie as it’s my kind of colour, part blue, part green and just beautiful to look at.
Every eyeshadow contains Urban Decay’s brand new Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, long staying power and blendability.
Urban Decay Vice Palette retails at RM199/20 x 0.8g. After today’s pre-launch, it’ll only be available again in November.
thanks for the swatches, they look awesome!