Malaysia has moved into the endemic phase of COVID-19, allowing us to celebrate Raya during Syawal with less restrictions and more face-to-face interaction. However, we still need to take precautions to keep the young, the old and the differently abled well-protected.
Clorox Malaysia in collaboration with the Social Welfare Department (JKM), is helping 24 Non-Governmental Organisations have a safer and more hygienic Hari Raya Aidilfitri and the month of Syawal celebration with the contribution of RM24,270.00 worth of disinfection essentials from the brand.
Seventeen orphanages, five old folks’ homes and two homes for the differently abled received a total of 1,800 units of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes and 300 units of Clorox Bleach 2 Litres. Both products are EPA-approved to kill 99.9% of both viruses and bacteria in 1 minute , including the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 .
“We prepared a list of 24 selected Welfare Voluntary Organizations (PSK) and Welfare Institutions, namely 17 from the Selangor State JKM and 7 from the Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory JKM. We welcome and appreciate the noble efforts of the management of the Clorox company in organizing this initiative which can provide hygiene benefits to the target group in heading towards the endemic phase of COVID-19,” says the Unit PRO JKM.
Clorox has been in the business of cleaning and disinfection solutions since 1913. Clorox is the #1 Bleach brand in the World and has been trusted for generations to kill 99.9% of germs. Its claims are backed by data and its products have been tried and tested.
“Clorox would like everyone to have a safe, hygienic and joyous Hari Raya Aidilfitri and the month of Syawal celebration, especially now that we can celebrate with fewer restrictions. However, at-risk communities such as the elderly, OKU and the children still need more care. Our products are developed for disinfection and fit the need. We are glad to support these communities in collaboration with JKM,” said Monique Gonzales, Southeast Asia Marketing Manager of Clorox.
“Thanks to Clorox and JKM for this needful contribution. We expect many visitors, and the products are essential for disinfecting before and after visits to keep everyone safer,” explains Puan Rosnah Bt Mohamad Razali, Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ukhuwah Anak Yatim/Miskin Daerah Sabak Bernam.
Recipients in Selangor
1. Persatuan Kebajikan Pusat Jagaan Kasih Harmoni Paya Jaras
2. Asrama Kasih Yayasan Basmi Kemiskinan (YBK)
3. Pertubuhan Rahoma Darul Fakir Malaysia
4. Pertubuhan Rumah Amal Cahaya Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Selangor
5. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ukhuwah Anak yatim Islam Dan Miskin Daerah Sabak Bernam
6. Pertubuhan Pendidikan Anak-Anak Yatim Selangor (Rumah Bakti Dato’ Harun)
7. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ehsan Ash-Shakur (PEKEAS)
8. Pusat Perkembangan Kemahiran Kebangsaan Serendah Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat
9. Taman Seri Puteri Cheras Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat
10. Kompleks Penyayang BAKTI Sungai Buloh Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat
Old Folks’ Homes:
1. Pusat Jagaan Al-Fikrah Malaysia
2. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Siti Nor Ainiv
3. Persatuan Pembelajaran Sepanjang Hayat Warga Emas U3A Kuala Lumpur Dan Selangor
4. Pusat Jagaan Nur Hasanah
5. Rumah Seri Kenangan Cheras
Homes For The Differently Abled
1. Taman Sinar Harapan Ziyad Zolkefli Cheras
2. Bengkel Daya Klang
Recipients in Kuala Lumpur
1. Pusat Jagaan Rahoma
2. Pusat Jagaan Anak Yatim / Saudara Baru An-Najjah
3. Pusat Jagaan Penyayang Nur Iman Kuala Lumpur
4. Rumah Kanak-Kanak Tengku Budriah Cheras
5. Asrama Sentosa
6. Asrama Bahagia Kampung Pandan
7. Sekolah Tunas Bakti Sungai Besi
Get more information on clean matters, activities and more from Clorox Malaysia’s website at https://www.cloroxmalaysia.com or follow Clorox Malaysia’s social media pages at https://www.facebook.com/CloroxMalaysia/ and https://www.instagram.com/cloroxmalaysia/.