In a time when life at home has never been so important, IKEA will open the door to better living by throwing a festival that can be experienced both online and in many IKEA stores around the world, featuring music artists, chefs, designers and creators. This is a new kind of festival, set in everyday homes, studios, and neighbourhoods worldwide, turning living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and backyards into virtual stages for performances and experiences. All in all, the IKEA Festival will take place in over 100 homes in more than 50 markets across the world, and the experience is for free, open to everyone.
The festival is inspired by the IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. “This is a new kind of experience IKEA wants to offer, celebrating, connecting and engaging around life at home. Home tours around the world will open doors to new experiences and new inspiration. We want to spark a conversation on the more sustainable and affordable life at home of tomorrow. And just as with any festival, you can expect a few surprises,” says Erika Intiso, Managing Director of IKEA Marketing and Communication AB.
The festival takes place on IKEA.my in different room settings reflecting what people say is most important to them in their homes today: being with family and friends, music and food, which is represented in the experiences in these rooms. But there are also rooms for discussions on current topics and IKEA news to offer visitors a broad choice of experiences.
Don’t miss out some of these local contents created just for Malaysians!
- My Home Turf: Step into a living room that is so much more than just that, a space for a quality family time.
- Taste The Emotion: We will walk through with you on tips to consider for your kitchen workflow to minimise your movement, help create space to store your goods and be more organised in the kitchen.
- My Rituals Room: We teach you how to combine your personalities and simply divide your bedroom in two for him and her.
- Sustainability At Home: Create a suitable living home and be cautious of planet earth to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
Aside from that, some of the many line-ups for the festival include:
- Home Concerts: Turn up the volume and enjoy concerts – straight from the most personal, intimate stage around the world: people’s homes.
- Home Cooking: Open the door to delicious-smelling kitchens all over the world and be inspired by chefs cooking up old and new favourites. Chefs are among others Pasta Queen and Paul Svensson.
- DJ Relay: Don’t stop the music – you’re invited to a marathon set of club music, straight from the DJ’s own home. DJ´s playing is Kaytranada, Loraine James and ZULI, to name a few.
- Home Visits: Welcome to a global tour, as strangers and some well-known personalities like Ilse Crawford share what’s inside the most important place in the world: their home.
- IKEA Museum: Go back in time and explore everything that has made and shaped IKEA: the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly.
- IKEA News: Travel the world and meet our co-workers and collaborators right now – in-store, at the factory, at the office or in the studio, such as former collaboration partner Virgil Abloh.
- Kitchen Talks: Join a conversation about the joys and frustrations that make up everyday life at home. IKEA co-workers meet with profiles like surfer Kassia Meador, astronaut Christer Fuglesang and adventurer Renata Chlumska.
To access the IKEA Festival and get the full programme, you can visit the festival page IKEA.my/festival. The festival will open its doors from 2pm on Thursday, 16 September 2021. No sign up is required, it´s for free, and guests don’t need to register their details.
No sign up is required, it´s for free, and guests don’t need to register.