The ASEAN e-commerce sector’s net worth is expected to reach US$153 billion in 2025. To this end, Shopee is working closely with the Government to equip local traders with the skills, knowledge and opportunities to bring their products online. Last month, Shopee inked a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Rural Development’s (KPLB) appointed e-commerce enabler, Elokal, to ensure that rural entrepreneurs are not left behind. The Desamall@KPLB official store was launched, featuring locally-made products like sambal, dodol, books, baju kurung and more.
Following the success, the Ministry is launching an automotive specialty store on Shopee. Known as Desaauto@KPLB, the initiative is expected to benefit over 200 rural entrepreneurs manufacturing and distributing automotive parts such as tyres, spare parts and engine oil. This will give them the opportunity to reach new potential customers across the country and the region through Shopee’s cross-border service, Shopee International Platform. As a start, 100 products will be made available on the store.
“Around 24% of the population in Malaysia are living in rural areas, and my Ministry’s main focus is to improve the infrastructure, economic standing and income of the rural folks. A lot must be done in rural areas. Desamall@KPLB and Desaauto@KPLB on Shopee are two of KPLB’s initiatives that will allow rural entrepreneurs to ride the wave of e-commerce, in tandem with the fourth industrial revolution. Our goal for 2020 is to groom 5,000 new rural entrepreneurs. We have laid the groundwork for them and with all these exciting line-up, we are confident that we will be able to achieve this target. The onus is now on the rural folks to step up and harness these opportunities presented to them,” said Rural Development Minister, YB Datuk Seri Rina Mohd Harun who officiated the launch of Desaauto@KPLB official store on Shopee, at W Kuala Lumpur.
An Unforgettable Shopee 12.12 Birthday Sale for All
The launch of Desaauto@KPLB was held in conjunction with the announcement of Shopee 12.12 Birthday Sale which runs from 28 November to 12 December. Shopee has lined up a cake-load of entertainment and promotions to thank Malaysians for their never-ending support, including daily RM12 deals, free shipping with RM12 minimum spend, and 12 million Shopee coins up for grabs on Shopee Catch.
Only Exclusive to Shopee Users
PROTON’s first-ever premium SUV, the Proton X70 has arrived on Shopee. Just visit the Proton Official Store on Shopee from 3 December to 31 December 2019 to enjoy a booking fee of RM99.00. On top of that, the first 50 customers to successfully register their X70 before 31 December 2019 will also receive RM2,000 worth of Shopee vouchers and enjoy any ongoing promotions from PROTON.
Further hyping the 12.12 Birthday Sale celebration are exclusive deals and discounts from Mydin, Petronas, AEON BiG, Castrol, DNA by Dynas, Mikaseries, Bridgestone Bicycle, Xixili, SimplySiti by Dato’ Sri Siti Nurhaliza, Phewiiit by Amy Search, C’ by Jane Chuck, White Fluffy by Janna Nick, Pureen, Bum Equipment and more. These brands are available only on Shopee this 12.12 Birthday Sale!
Shopee’s birthday celebration keeps getting better as users can now reload their mobile and pay their Astro, water, and electricity bills conveniently via the all-new Reloads, Vouchers, and Bills feature on the app. In line with Shopee 12.12 Birthday Sale, users also stand to earn a special, limited-time 10% coins cashback when paying for their bills on Shopee, with an upsized 12% cashback only on 12 December. Limited to one-time cashback per user.
This year has been an eventful year for Malaysia’s no.1 e-commerce platform with many milestones unlocked. “We want to wrap up 2019 with a meaningful celebration that benefits all Malaysians. The launch of Desaauto@KPLB continues our efforts to empower and enable local entrepreneurs, and give them the tools to thrive and succeed online. This includes our free sellers workshop Shopee University that teaches them how to optimise their businesses online while we curate and localise campaigns to attract the right crowd for all our sellers to achieve better sales performance,” said Ian Ho, Regional Managing Director, Shopee.
More Sweet Treats, Hard to Miss
- Dimsum – A subscription video-on-demand service launches the Watch & Shop feature where subscribers can shop while streaming, and find similar products featured in the show, on Shopee. From 5 to 15 December, checkout with DIMSUM1212 to enjoy a RM10 off with a min spend of RM35 through this feature, exclusively for Shopee new users only.
- Standard Chartered, RHB, CIMB Bank, HSBC, UOB – Cardholders are in for a treat when they spend on Shopee this 12.12 Birthday Sale.
- Visa – Win RM300,000 in prizes.
- The Alley – Call dibs on the exclusive The Alley X Shopee Smoothie, and enjoy two (2) cups of Brown Sugar Creme Brulee Milk for only RM22.
- Pizza Hut – Get one (1) regular pizza at RM9.99 only on 12 December.
- Sushi King – Enjoy one (1) California Temaki at RM1.20.
- Baskin Robbins – Buy one (1) and get one (1) free Chocolate Blast Beverage.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Enjoy a single donut for RM1.20; buy one (1) get one (1) free coffee
- KFC – Buy one (1) free one (1) on selected products
- FPX – 5,000 vouchers up for grabs for first 2,500 spenders above RM100 on 28 and 29 November. Ho concluded, “The Shopee 12.12 Birthday Sale is also designed to thank users for their incredible support with a big finale of the best deals in town. We have put all these and other exclusive privileges together so Malaysians can join us in this celebration and end the year on a high note. There is much to look for this 12.12 Birthday Sale and we hope it will help you in your preparation for the new year.”
To enjoy Shopee’s birthday treats this 12.12 Birthday Sale, visit http://shopee.com.my/1212