The lovely Song Hye-Kyo, leading actress in hit Korean dramas such as “Autumn In My Heart” and “Full House” (my favourite Korean drama thanks to the wonderful chemistry between her and Rain), fronts Laneige’s ‘Fresh Modernist’ Spring Makeup Collection print ads.
Song Hye-Kyo’s photo can be seen at every Laneige counter now, she’s in a peach hat and dress and the makeup is very soft and pastel. It’s just perfect for spring. Laneige’s new makeup collection is intended to give women the Barbie look. It’s not a look I’m personally in favour of but I did find myself liking the colours in the eyeshadow palette.
The eyeshadow palette contains sherbet pastel shades which are vibrant and so pretty. I especially loved the lime green and would have purchased it in a flash had it been available as a single eyeshadow. The colours can be used individually or blended together. It’s good that they’ve included a dark grey for lining the eyes.
There are 2 looks designed by Laneige Malaysia from the eyeshadow palette, Garden of Eve Look (a more natural look) and Eternal Emerald look (a more intense look). Check out the photos and step-by-step guide to these looks below.
Garden Of Eve Look
1. Apply the lime green shadow over the eyelids.
2. Line the eyes with the dark grey colour.
3. Top the grey powder liner with a thin coat of liquid black liner from the Liner & Mascara Duo to make the eyes look bigger.
4. Apply a coat of mascara from the Liner & Mascara Duo.
5. Blush on the peach tone blusher and highlight the cheeks with the beige highlighter to accentuate the cheekbones, using the Fresh Modernist Blusher.
6. Apply a generous layer of Snow Cystal Lipstick in YR28 (Modernist Peach).
7. Top the layer of lipstick with a layer of Fresh Modernist Lip Gloss in peach tone for a romantic pout.
Eternal Emerald Look
1. Apply the orange eyeshadow over the eyelids.
2. Apply the lime green eyeshadow over the middle of the eyelids.
3. Line the eyes with the dark grey colour.
4. Top the grey powder liner with a thin coat of liquid black liner from the Liner & Mascara Duo to make the eyes look bigger.
5. Apply a coat of mascara from the Liner & Mascara Duo.
6. Brush on the peach tone blusher and top with a layer of purple to create a warm pink blusher and highlight the cheeks with the beige highlighter to accentuate the cheekbones, using the Fresh Modernist Blusher.
7. Apply a generous layer of Snow Crystal Lipstick in LR08 (Modernist Pink).
8. Top the lipstick with a layer of the Fresh Modernist Gloss in pink for a sweet pout.
Here are the prices of the products from the ‘Fresh Modernist’ Collection:-
1. Eyeshadow Palette RM110
2.Blusher (lavender/orange/beige) RM115
3. Liner & Mascara Duo RM75
4. Snow Crystal Lipstick (2 colours) RM65
5. Lipgloss RM60Note : Images of models and step-by-step makeup guide have been provided by Laneige’s PR.