This Ramadhan month, break fast with healthy meals made with the Samsung Cello Smart Oven. With a little planning and preparation, you will be able to prepare a series of healthy home-made dishes for your family with the new Samsung Cello Smart Oven.
The Samsung Cello Smart Oven is the perfect fit for the health conscious individuals and families as it is a compact combination of microwave and grill with a convection heater. By combining a grill with warm air circulation, Samsung’s Slim Fry™ technology cooks your favourite food to a crispy perfection evenly from surface to deep inside without added oil.It also comes with a fermentation feature to make homemade yogurt and bread easily.
In our fast paced society, it is important that we start the day right with a good hearty breakfast to give us enough energy to kick-start the day. This Ramadhan, it will be easy to whip up simple sahur meals for your family. The Samsung Cello Smart Oven allows you to choose from 13 preset Auto Cooking Modes that could turn any ordinary meal into a masterpiece.
Take up the challenge and be the chef of the day! Prepare a host of your favourite dishes for your family and friends and yet not worry about over or under-cooked meals with the Samsung Cello Smart Oven’s Smart Multi Sensor. Whether your food is frozen or chilled, it reads the food’s surface temperature each second to determine whether the cooking stages are completed.
After a long day at work, the last thing you want to do is to clean up after dinner. The Samsung Cello Smart Oven features a smooth ceramic interior for anti-bacterial, scratch-resistant, easy to clean and no discolour over time. It is definitely durable and built to last. What’s more, Samsung Cello Smart Oven’s stylish stainless steel finishes look superb in today’s modern kitchen.
Retailing at RM2,099, the Samsung Cello Smart Oven is available at selected Samsung retail outlets and authorised dealers. During this Ramadhan, Samsung is collaborating with celebrity chef Nik Michael Imran on a series of webisodes featuring a few quick recipes. Stay tuned to Samsung Malaysia’s YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/SamsungMalaysia to be the first to check out it out when it airs. For further information on Samsung’s range of digital appliances, check out www.samsung.com/my or follow Samsung Malaysia’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/samsungmalaysia for future updates.
Samsung Recipes in Collaboration with Chef Nik Michael Imran
Recipe 1: Chicken Tandoori
4 tsp Greek Yogurt
2.5 cm Grated Ginger
1 clove of Grated Garlic
5 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Cumin Powder
0.25 tsp Garam Masala
0.5 tsp Paprika Powder (A little more for colour, if preferred)
0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
2 Whole Chicken Legs
Oil to coat Marinated Chicken
- In a mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Once mixed well, marinade chicken for a minimum of 2 hours in the Fridge. Overnight is best. Chicken can be left in the freezer for a prolonged time as well.
- To cook, place the chicken on the Microwave Tray and then drizzle some oil over. You don’t want to drench it in oil, a tablespoon worth is enough.
- Pop it into the Smart Oven on the high rack and use Microwave + Grill setting for 12 minutes.
- Serve with Naan Bread and Mint Chutney with a slice of lime.
|Mint Chutney (Gravy for Tandoori Chicken)
1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
1 cup fresh chopped coriander leaves
1 green chilli ( add more chillies if you want the chutney to be spicy)
½ inch ginger
1 tsp cumin powder
1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
Enough yogurt for colour and taste, about 1 cup
Dhal with Australian lentils (Gravy for Naan)
200g Malawi Dhal, rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
500g Masoor Dhal, rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
500g Skinless Mung Bean (Kacang Hijau), rinsed and soaked overnight (save water for boiling)
1 tsp Fennel seed
1 tsp Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 inches of Ginger, blended
4 cloves of Garlic, blended
3 diced Tomatoes
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it reaches boiling point, turn down to low and simmer until beans are cooked through.
3 Potatoes, skinned and cut into half-inch chunks
2 Eggplants, cut into half-inch chunks
2 Carrots, cut into ¼ inch chunks
2 Tomatoes, cut into eights
- Add potatoes and simmer until soft, then add the other vegetables.
2 tbs Cooking Oil
4 Dried Chilli, Cut into half-inch lengths
2 Yellow Onions, Diced
1 tbs Mustard Seed
1 stalk of Curry Leaves
- Over medium heat, sauté all ingredients until lightly browned. Pour into cooked Dhal.
- Finally, salt to taste.
Recipe 2: Slim Fried Barramundi
200g Barramundi Fillet
2 tsp Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Pat the fish dry, season with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive oil all over.
- Place skin side down on the Microwave Tray and pop it into the Smart Oven on the high rack. Use Slim Fry setting at ‘2’ for 200g.
- Serve with Roasted Capsicum Sauce and a side of Mashed Potatoes.
|Roasted Capsicum Sauce
(Gravy for Barramundi)
2 Whole Red Capsicum
1 Whole Onion
3 cloves of Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
2 stalks of Thyme
3tbs Olive Oil
1/2 cup cream
2tbs Balsamic Vinegar
|Mashed Potatoes (Side dish)
Recipe 3: Pandan Crème Brulee
10 Pandan Leaves
250ml Coconut Cream
Grated Palm Sugar and Coconut Ice Cream for garnishing
- Blend pandan leaves with water. Pass through sieve and discard fibres from the leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale. Make sure sugar has dissolved.
- Add pandan water and coconut cream to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour equally into small ramekins. Place unto the Smart Oven’s metal tray and pour water into the tray, until half the height of the tray. Place into Smart Oven and use Microwave + Convection setting for 5 minutes.
- Remove ramekins and leave to chill in a Fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To garnish, spread a thin layer of grated palm sugar on top of pandan dish. Blowtorch until melted but not burnt. Cool for a minute and place a scoop of coconut ice cream on top. Serve.